Create a rule in a security group or firewall settings to whitelist:
- incoming connections to your host and port (usually
3306) from the static IP:
- outgoing connections from ports
65535to the static IP:
Create a database user to perform the writing of the source data.
- Open a connection to your MySQL database.
- Create a user for the data transfer by executing the following SQL command.
CREATE USER <username>@'%' IDENTIFIED BY '<some-password>';
- Grant user required privileges on the database.
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, CREATE VIEW ON *.* TO <username>@'%';
By default, the service creates a new schema (in MySQL,
schemais synonomous with
database). If you prefer to create the schema yourself before connecting the destination, you must ensure that the writer user has the proper permissions on the schema, using
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON <database_name>.* TO <username>@'%';
For the data export setup, you will need:
- host name
- database name
Visit the LogRocket Streaming Data Export settings page to complete the setup.
Updated 3 months ago
Learn about how to configure the Streaming Data Export integration in app!